What's new

Microsoft's Big Press Event Tomorrow: Surface Pro 4 and Much More!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
microsoft-event-twitter-reminder-oct-5-2015.jpg

In case you missed it, Microsoft is hosting a big press event on October 6th at 10am EST, 9am CST. That's tomorrow if you are "calendar challenged" like me. The biggest reveal we are expecting is the new Surface Pro 4. It is likely to be a powerful new upgrade to Microsoft's already impressive productivity-focused tablet. In fact, we should see at least two different versions of the Surface Pro 4 unveiled: a 13-inch model and a 14-inch model.

Of course, the Surface Pro 4 isn't the only thing we are expecting to get the rundown on tomorrow. We fully expect to see the new Lumia flagship phones: the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. These new devices should feature cutting edge specs and the new Windows 10 for mobile devices.

Finally, we are also likely to see the new Microsoft Band 2 smartwatch, with new features and functions for the fitness fanatics. It's going to be an exciting morning, so stay tuned while we cover things in real time!

Source: Twitter - MS

Kif

Seems strange to offer a 13" and 14" model. You would think there would be a bigger spread between the sizes.

Narshredder

I'm excited to hear about the phones. Hopefully they prove to be a competitor against other major phone brands.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm excited to hear about the phones. Hopefully they prove to be a competitor against other major phone brands.

Yup. I'm already sold on the sp4, simply because I worked all summer to put some money aside for one. But my HTC m7 could do with replacing, or rather I fancy a new phone with a better camera, so very excited to see what MS have. I refuse to buy Samsung and even if I did, there is not one phone in this current gen that I consider worth buying. Hopefully the 950 can change my mind.

dajogejr

I'm in on the new SP4.
The only question is going to be how much screen size, SSD and RAM.
Do I keep my current dock and setup...or do I go all new with the larger tablet.
I have to admit, this is my home and work PC and when at home, on the chair/couch, this device is perfect size but it could lose a little weight...LOL.