What's new

Microsoft wants to prove the Surface Pro 3 can replace your laptop

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
[video=youtube;CTo5DfBtWkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTo5DfBtWkY[/video]​

Microsoft is done fighting over the crowded tablet market — the Surface Pro 3 is a laptop replacement. At least that’s how the company wants us to think of its latest device. Equipped with the new Surface Pen, a fully adjustable kickstand, a lineup of keyboards, a USB port and the ability to run Microsoft Office, the Surface Pro 3 could be the first Microsoft tablet to make a splash… no matter how light it is.

All of these are bullet points in Microsoft’s first Surface Pro 3 commercial, published today on the Surface YouTube page. It’s nice to see that Microsoft has moved away from its more bizarre ad campaigns of previous Surface tablets, which were much more focused on dancing, theatrics and mildly impressive beatboxing than the actual device itself. As we saw at the reveal event last month, Microsoft has a new script this time around, and without a host of successful predecessors to back it up, the Surface Pro 3 needs to sell itself.

Outperforming its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3 features a 12-inch, 2560 x 144o resolution display, Core i3/i5/i7 processors, up to 8 GB of RAM, between 64-512GB of internal storage, 5-megapixel front- and rear-facing cameras, a 9 hour battery life and Windows 8.1 Pro. The beastly tablet will start at $799, and will be available to purchase on June 20th.

Continue Reading @: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Commercial | BGR