What's new

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Supposedly On Track for October Launch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Surface-Pro-4-mockup-2.jpg

According to the latest industry scuttlebutt, Microsoft is on track to launch the Surface Pro 4 as early as October of this year. Here's a quote with some of the details,

Likely to be called Surface Pro 4, the next Windows flagship is supposedly launching this October. At least that’s what sources from the supply chain told Taiwanese tech news site Digitimes.

The Surface Pro 4 will feature “the same ultra-thin form factor, bezel size and large-size display as the predecessor model,” the website says.

However, the new Surface tablet will feature Intel’s new Skylake processor, and might pack Samsung SSD drives of up to 256GB. Other details have not been provided yet, and it’s not known how much the new Surface Pro 4 will cost.

According to the sources, the new Surface might help Microsoft increase monthly tablet shipments to 500,000-600,000 units from the current 300,000 monthly units.

With Windows 10 on board and some juicy new hardware, this is likely to be the best Surface product yet!

Source: http://bgr.com/2015/07/16/microsoft-surface-pro-4-release-date/

jrioux

That was really a great article NOT! It speculates that the new SP4 might have 256GB drives. As opposed to only 512GB ?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was really a great article NOT! It speculates that the new SP4 might have 256GB drives. As opposed to only 512GB ?

I've not even read the article but i'm going to pretend to be psychic and say what you are talking about is a rumour that they'll have super duper speedy fast 256gb Samsung drives, which is nice, but that there seems to be a highlight on 256gb for some reason, almost like we've never seen such wonderous capacities before. .

jrioux

I've not even read the article but i'm going to pretend to be psychic and say what you are talking about is a rumour that they'll have super duper speedy fast 256gb Samsung drives, which is nice, but that there seems to be a highlight on 256gb for some reason, almost like we've never seen such wonderous capacities before. .
I read the article before it was posted here. The author seems to think that only 64GB and 128GB drives are currently available on the SP3 and that the SP4 will also miraculously have 256GB drives. Yes the point of the rumor is that they are better 256GB drives.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read the article before it was posted here. The author seems to think that only 64GB and 128GB drives are currently available on the SP3 and that the SP4 will also miraculously have 256GB drives. Yes the point of the rumor is that they are better 256GB drives.

I could swear I've seen that rumour floating around for almost a month now.