What's new

Solved Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Type Cover Trackpad Quit Working

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
For some reason my trackpad stopped working too. Exactly the day I am spending 9h in the train, leaving Toronto (where the closest MS store is) and when I wanted to work a bit.

It's like the click is always clicking, making the keyboard completely useless.

The only thing I did was to wipe my keyboard with a Lysol wipe.

If the keyboard is not able to survive the wipe, then it is annoying.
Maybe you have a stuck key or button... press each one a couple times.
I have a couple of these since I have more than ne surface I think I'm going to start carrying a spare. :)

RémiM

Meanwhile, my better half is using her ipad and her keyboard to work with Office. No justice.

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

I'm really liking this Sculpt Comfort Mouse! I can't wait to get the Bluetooth keyboard now. I may save the type cover for travel.

RémiM

I did an advanced exchange for my cover yesterday afternoon. I received an email yesterday night, telling me that my cover was shipped.

This is efficiency.

I love the original cover too much. I thought about the same bundle you bought @VickiFL , but honnestly, the cover is IMO just the best compromise so far.

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

My type cover still works. With help here, I was able to get it working again. The new mouse works a lot better than the track pad on the type cover, IMO. I don't receive the new keyboard until tomorrow. We shall see how I like that then. :)

Last edited:

RémiM

Well, exchanged was delivered 1h ago, despite the cold, the snow and the ice that we have here in Québec city...

Less than 24h since I ordered it.

This is insanely fast. Big thumbs up for the folks at Microsoft. :rolleyes: