What's new

Microsoft Studio & Coreldraw

Digital-i

I have a Microsoft Surface Studio , Coreldraw installs but crashes in a "unknown error" upon start up, I also have a Surface Book 4 and am running Corel X7 on that machine with no problem, any insights ?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am an X9 user.

I wonder if the installation was interrupted, and some of the components are either missing, or mixing 32-bit and 64-bit sets.

bpinckert

I have the same issue and am aware of two others that also cannot run CorelDraw on their Microsoft Studio. The problems seems to be whittled down to the DLL library that shios with the Surface Studio device. See the entry below. A Corel Tech remoted into my system but was only knowledgeable about the normal update and compatibility trouble shooting avenues. She said she would kicked it to a different group, but that was over a week ago. No known fix yet.

bpinckert

This appears to be the issue:

On a Windows10 system that can start CorelDraw, it has a ucrtbase.dll of version# 10.0.10240.16384, same as what's shown on the website James' link pointing to.

On the Surface Studio running Windows10, it is version 10.0.14393.0 and dated 7/16/2016 4:42AM, which is after release of X8 and perhaps after the release of Update1 from Corel. My view is that Microsoft made changes to the dll for new machine and Corel developers did not patch their codes to keep up before advertising it for use on the new machine...