What's new

Microsoft Officially Unveils New Surface RT 2 Revamped

bacalaohombre

all i want with windows RT 8.1 is 5th core support for the tegra 3... if not, i wonder if microsoft will make any surface rt trade-ins to purchase the surface 2?

and an increase from 8hrs to 12hrs is 50%, not 25%... if they were counting backwards from 12 it would be 33%...

TeknoBlast

all i want with windows RT 8.1 is 5th core support for the tegra 3... if not, i wonder if microsoft will make any surface rt trade-ins to purchase the surface 2?

and an increase from 8hrs to 12hrs is 50%, not 25%... if they were counting backwards from 12 it would be 33%...

Come on, you know there wont be any trade-in offers. I've read this idea several times in different forums, why do people think they are entitled to some trade-in offer? Just never got that.

JillL

Because us poor saps that bought an RT got hosed? Good customer service? An apology for putting out such a bad product?

themajorpayne

I'm with you DarthBurrito...trade-ins for the early adopters means you're not an early adopter. This is a risk that comes with the territory in tech.

I haven't read through all of the announced specs yet for the Surface 2, but so far one minor disappointment for me is the absence of a digitizer pen for the RT model. Yea, I know that Pro has had it from day one, but I think that MS also has to have feature parity as well as feature leap frog when compared to Android and iOS in the tablet space...this is the penalty for being late to the updated Tablet Games. (They may have "invented/introduced" a workable tablet OS in 2004/2005, but they didn't push hard enough at the time and continue to innovate and their OEMs screwed them (IMO)).

saloei

Does anyone know if having Skype means that I can surf the Internet while on a Skype call? If this is so, I'm laughing with joy :D
Looking forward to the S2.

T

TheConstruct

I was really hoping they would have doubled the storage. But I am glad that all of the ports are in the same place.

garyd03

Does anyone know if the codec pack has been updated to work with the newer Nikon camera's in RAW format. Been asking MS for 8 months and get the brush off. Perfect for viewing images in the field but wont support new cameras. Hope they fix it on Surface 2, not holding my breath.

revelated

Unfortunately it appears Microsoft has still failed to address the primary issue with the RT: connectivity.

Embedded LTE is not needed. Get a mobile hotspot on your plan. It'd be the same price.

No...the RT needs and has always needed PCoIP support with apps such as VMWare. If they want this to sell, they need to get working with VMWare and get that working.

Until it can securely tap into things as a client, it's certainly not going to sell at that price.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I do wish that the Surface 2 was running on an atom bay trail processor than on RT. Then it would really destroy any other android/IOS tablet since it would be a full computer

Not until Intel can actually release an Atom with fully functional drivers and power management.