What's new

Microsoft is Working on Two New Surface Pro Tablets With Larger Displays [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
large_surface_pro_4.jpg

Here's a new log to throw on the Surface Pro rumor-mill fire. According to intel revealed from Taiwanese suppliers, Microsoft is not only working on a large screen version of the Surface Pro tablet, they are actually developing two of them.

Here's a quote with the details,
Microsoft reportedly is planning to develop two next-generation Surface 2-in-1 devices, one coming with a 12-inch display and the other a 13- to 14-inch screen.

Both devices will feature high-end hardware, providing good profits to related component suppliers, the sources said, adding the order visibility for the Surface has already reached the end of the year

DigiTimes (the source of this story) has a decent record for these types of supply-chain leaks, but they have been wrong on more than one occasion. It doesn't sound implausible, so we are leaning toward this being an accurate prediction. What do you folks think?

Here's our dedicated Surface Pro 4 section for further discussion: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 | Microsoft Surface Forums

kundas1

isn't this old news? this has been mentioned numerous times from other articles you've posted... but I can't wait to get my hands on the 14 inch SP4..

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
isn't this old news? this has been mentioned numerous times from other articles you've posted... but I can't wait to get my hands on the 14 inch SP4..
Yes... it is another rumor regarding stuff we have found in the past, but it isn't a repeat of an old one. Rather it is a new one along the same line, which lends credence to the possibility that it is true. :)