What's new

Microsoft complete extended warranty for business?

Jordi32

I have owned a Surface Pro 3 for a month. When I was about to purchase the complete extended warranty on line I saw there was also a complete warranty for business which extended the coverage for two more years instead of just one. However, it says it has to be purchased from a Microsoft reseller, no mention of a Microsoft store. Has anyone purchased the business version? Is it better than the regular complete?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jordi

Donald King

We purchase it for all the new SP3's we buy. We purchase our SP3's and warranties through CDW. I can't really speak to the difference other than it is a year longer. We have had two SP3's break and received replacements for them (refurbs I'm sure). There is a MS store a couple of hours from here but we do not buy from them as we already have a relationship with CDW.

Donald King

Interesting - maybe we will try that. CDW sold us a Microsoft warranty, not some CDW extended thing. So I wonder why we are getting refurbs, or if they are new units just not retail packaged.

OP
J

Jordi32

Thank you for your information, Donald and Bluegrass. I called Microsoft, and apparently they don´t sell the complete warranty for business directly. It has to be purchased from a reseller. I think it is probably safer to purchase the consumer one directly from Microsoft then. By the way., how much the business one? I guess it is also more expensive...

OP
J

Jordi32

I ended up purchasing the Microsoft Surface Pro Commercial Complete for Business for $249. It has three years of warranty plus two events of accidental damage. Is this a good deal? Is the consumer complete warranty only two years?

OP
J

Jordi32

By the way, how do I link my new complete warranty to the Surface serial number? There is no mention of the serial number on my warranty receipt.

Donald King

Jordi - when we purchased ours I received an email with a link to a web site where I could go and register the SP3 serial numbers.

bluegrass

It was all handled at the MS store for me. All I need to do is give them my phone number and they have all the warranty information in their computer system. I purchased my SP3 and warranty at the store. I've never registered my system.

OP
J

Jordi32

Bluegrass, did they link the warranty information to the serial number of your computer when you bought the extended warranty at the Microsoft store? They didn't do it in my case. Therefore it doesn't show in my online account. Does the warranty show in yours? I contacted the Answer Desk on line, and the support guy asked me to send him a picture of the receipt of the warranty purchase and after two long hours of chatting, he assured me they would open a case to solve this matter...