What's new

Microsoft Complete Coverage for SP3.....Good? Bad? Please leave your thoughts.

Zog1971

Hello all and thanks again for all the great help.

Can I please find out:

How much is the Complete Plan for the SP3? (I've seen $149 and $199) Any sort of discounts for education?
What does it cover and how long?
How long from date of purchase can I get it? If I ordered online is it from my registration date?
Do you think it's worth it? Pro's and Con's.

I've got a little student loan money left over and trying to decide it I should protect my device or go to the club..... :)

malberttoo

How much- $149.

You get 2 incidents of accidental damage, which is practically anything except obvious abuse. $50 deductible per incident.

That coverage gives you an additional year of standard warranty and 2 full years of accidental damage, from that date of purchase.

The plan must be purchased within 45 days of purchasing your SP3.

It stays with the device, so added resale value if you decide to sell the SP3!

Cons- it costs.

Pros- not sobbing uncontrollably because you accidentally dropped your $1200 device onto the cement floor while stall surfing. The smile on your face that says $50 later you're back in business.

Seriously, almost no one should own this device without Complete, it's just such an awesome deal. :cool:

You can easily get 10% off the $149 with the education discount. I got a little more than that with a bundle at the MS store. I don't typically buy extended warranties, but this is a no brainer.

OP
Zog1971

Zog1971

Thanks, all for the info. I was pretty much sold, but needed a little nudge. ;) So, is the only way to add the protection to call them or is there anywhere online? I can't seem to find anywhere on the microsoftstore.com site to add it.

gtext

I don't think it's going to be available in Australia when the SP3 is available here.
You guys are really lucky having it offered, and I wouldn't even question purchasing it if it was made available here.
I say it's worth it's weight in gold.

raqball

I never buy extended warranties but this was a no brainer. It's a pretty awesome deal at $149.

I purchased my SP3 at Best Buy then purchased the warranty through the MS site. The warranty did not automatically get added to my registered SP3 so I had to call MS. It was a painless 5 minute call, they found the purchase and added it to my registered SP3. Now when I check warranty status, the coverage is shown.

kristalsoldier

I don't think it's going to be available in Australia when the SP3 is available here.
You guys are really lucky having it offered, and I wouldn't even question purchasing it if it was made available here.
I say it's worth it's weight in gold.

What do you mean? Are you saying that the extended warranty will not be available in Australia?

I ALMOST never buy extended warranties on anything, but this is an exception. I bought i7 256GB from Staples and originally turned down the Warranty from them. Then was in Microsoft Store and they told me there was a bundle for $250 for Type Cover, MS Complete and a case. Considering the Type Cover is $130 and my case was $40, this was a no brainer for a $1,549 MSRP device.

Get it!