What's new

Microsoft Announces 10.6 inch Surface Tablet

smalltowngirl13

Microsoft.png

According to an article on theverge.com, this recently announced tablet will be running Windows 8.

Here is a small portion of the article and the rest can be read by following the link below.

Microsoft's Intel-based Surface tablet will run Windows 8 Pro, with a thickness of 13.5mm, a weight of 1.9lbs, and USB 3.0 support. This particular version will also include magnesium casing and a built-in kickstand, but will ship with either 64GB or 128GB storage. Additionally, the Intel version will include additional digital ink support through a pen that magnetizes to the body of the tablet, and a 10.6-inch ClearType "Full HD" display. Both of Microsoft's Surface tablets feature optional Touch and Type keyboard covers.

10.6-inch Microsoft Surface tablets announced, powered by Windows 8 | The Verge

Frederuco

Super Moderator
I think it all depends on how big the bezel is. It could be the same size as the current 10" tablets if it has a smaller bezel around the screen.

MickeyLittle

Well compadres I'm hoping it is actually a 10.6" screen size as the more the better! I know the 9.7 of my iPad as compared to the 10.1 of my Prime sure leaves a lot to be desired.

But I bet lighter when adding a TF dock as compared to the Microsoft keyboard.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Welcome over Mickey!

And yeah, that is a heavy tablet....just under 2 lbs? I know my 1.5 lb TF101 feels a bit heavy after a while.