What's new

microSD card causing WIFI connection slowdown while running of batteries

clrk9000

I just noticed that if I install the microSD card the wifi connection will go down from 300mbps to 6.5mbps. I have not experienced any WIFI Limited issues in 5 hours of use.

I am using Linksys EA4500 and Lexar microSD 32g.

I have no idea what is the connection but just noticed that removing the microSD card seems to fix the problem.

ctitanic

This is the first time that I have seen anyone reporting anything like that. Try this:

Enable Hyper-V to expose advanced power options settings, restart, open power options, click change plan settings, click advanced settings, expand wireless adapter power settings, change to max performance. Disable Hyper-V and restart.

leeshor

I just noticed that if I install the microSD card the wifi connection will go down from 300mbps to 6.5mbps. I have not experienced any WIFI Limited issues in 5 hours of use.

I am using Linksys EA4500 and Lexar microSD 32g.

I have no idea what is the connection but just noticed that removing the microSD card seems to fix the problem.
Welcome to the forum

What you describe could possibly indicate an issue with the SD card as well. You may want to see if there is a corruption by testing the disk.

OP
C

clrk9000

Thanks ctitanic and lesshor.

Yes, it is a damaged microSD card. My surface pro 3 is back to its old ways of Wifi Limited and 6mpbs speed when on battery.

Setting to max performance seems to work. I am just worried that the fan just keeps on running all the time.

JesseDiaz

This is the first time that I have seen anyone reporting anything like that. Try this:

Enable Hyper-V to expose advanced power options settings, restart, open power options, click change plan settings, click advanced settings, expand wireless adapter power settings, change to max performance. Disable Hyper-V and restart.

Ive been wanting to try this....but Im worried that Ill be giving up bateery time because of the fan running more than usual....

BaritoneGuy

Ive been wanting to try this....but Im worried that Ill be giving up bateery time because of the fan running more than usual....

Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of the driver? I did this via device manager and WiFi seems to work fine and I only hear the fan under intense loads.