What's new

micro sd card problems

just picked up a sp3 I-5 128 and I have an annoying problem, I have a Samsung micro sd card mounted and have problems putting videos on it...They end up unplayable or corrupted, I had this exact problem with the sp2 and finally just gave up on using it. I haven't tried a different card yet and wanted some suggestions before going out and buying a different brand. My current card is a Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10

young blade

just picked up a sp3 I-5 128 and I have an annoying problem, I have a Samsung micro sd card mounted and have problems putting videos on it...They end up unplayable or corrupted, I had this exact problem with the sp2 and finally just gave up on using it. I haven't tried a different card yet and wanted some suggestions before going out and buying a different brand. My current card is a Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10

Have you tried reformatting the card?

OP
C

callihan_44

I formatted ntfs, I moved the the videos folder location to the sd card and they do show up but refuse to play. Ive gotten alerts that the card isn't ready(like it's disconnecting) Im going to try the tape trick to see if the connection isn't solid. My next move is put the card in my phone and see how well it works in it and just buy a different brand...annoying as hell

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a Samsung 64GB Pro card and have no issues, it's solid and performs to specs, no tape used. You must have a bad card. There might be an issue with some readers as it was a little funky inserting the card, took a couple tries to get a good seating and ive seen others post similar.

OP
C

callihan_44

update, ran hd tune benchmark and the read speeds are totally screwed (erratic)- 19.4 mb/s max...bought a cheap $30 Lexar 64g and noticed a huge speed increase dumping movie files on it -benchmarked read speeds 33.2 mb/s .... write speeds on a different benchmark stated Lexar 34 mb/s Samsung 9 mb/s. unfortunately Im probably stuck with the Samsung pro considering I bought it in early 2014