What's new

Solved Metro Onenote won't Connect to Onedrive

gtext

Setting up my ne SP3. Can't get Metro Onenote to Connect to Onedrive.
I have an Onedrive that I've been using in W 8.1 in Bootcamp on a Mac Pro.
No issues with that in either Outlook 2013 or Onedrive metro. Syncs fine.

On the Surface metro Onenote can't access Onedrive and Onedrive can't connect to the cloud.
In Onenote it says it needs a password. When I click as requested it does nothing.
Metro Onedrive only shows a documents folder with nothing in it. Also says all files are up to date but of course their not.
In change PC settings/Onedrive it says "sorry we couldn't connect to Onedrive. please try again later or go to Onedrive.com to change settings".

Both the laptop and the SP3 are signing in using my Microsoft account which uses the same user name and password as Onedrive.

I'm probably missing something simple but can't workout what it is. Haven't had the issue with Onedrive before.

Suggestions anyone. Is this a Surface only problem?

OP
G

gtext

Setting up my ne SP3. Can't get Metro Onenote to Connect to Onedrive.
I have an Onedrive that I've been using in W 8.1 in Bootcamp on a Mac Pro.
No issues with that in either Outlook 2013 or Onedrive metro. Syncs fine.

On the Surface metro Onenote can't access Onedrive and Onedrive can't connect to the cloud.
In Onenote it says it needs a password. When I click as requested it does nothing.
Metro Onedrive only shows a documents folder with nothing in it. Also says all files are up to date but of course their not.
In change PC settings/Onedrive it says "sorry we couldn't connect to Onedrive. please try again later or go to Onedrive.com to change settings".

Both the laptop and the SP3 are signing in using my Microsoft account which uses the same user name and password as Onedrive.

I'm probably missing something simple but can't workout what it is. Haven't had the issue with Onedrive before.

Suggestions anyone. Is this a Surface only problem?

Ok I found the solution to this.

I hadn't noticed but the time was incorrect on the SP3 and this was caused because the time sync was set to time.windows.com and couldn't sync. This is what the default setting was. Changed it to time.nits.gov and time set to the correct time and Onedrive then showed my files and Onenote could then access those files.

So it's all working now.