What's new

M3 vs. i5

OP
EnvEngineer

EnvEngineer

I was in a similar situation and went m3 for 2 reasons:
-I had a very good deal at a local store (~800$ including type cover)
-No fan and slightly lighter

Performance wise I'm only interested in battery life as I use the tablet for similar things as you. Which is OK, better than expected. I was surprised to see that it can easily handle some slight gaming though :) I get about 4-5 hours of resident evil 4 for example. Pretty good when you hear the Nintendo switch will only do 3h.

Thank you so much for your input - I really appreciate it! xD I'm also pretty excited about the switch...

OP
EnvEngineer

EnvEngineer

So, after many weeks of back and forth on the matter I still hadn't reached a decision. I inspect the absolute heck out of something before I buy it, and I was still kind of on the fence with this. On one hand, they're amazing machines - though on the other hand, that's an awful lot of dough...

Well, tonight I came home to the Microsoft order page pulled up on my desktop, thanking me for my purchase. I believe my wife had finally had enough of my constant SP3/4 YouTube video binging!! Hahaha. She went ahead and bought me the 8gb RAM, i5 SP4. Soooo, I suppose my mind has been made up!

Thank you all so much for your advise and input, you really helped out an awful lot and I do appreciate it!

Exhile

Your wife bought you the SP4?!?! That's nice of her. The SP5 will soon be released so SP4s will become cheaper. Have fun with your SP4!