What's new

Solved Lost Internet & mouse connection

abacus

After successfully connecting to a projector, the Pro 2 says "no Internet connection available" and also it will not recognise a mouse, either Bluetooth or USB connected.
I am no expert, but have tried on installing mouse , etc.
Your advice appreciated .

leeshor

Welcome to the forum
For clarification did this happen only when you connected to the projector? How about after disconnecting and restarting?

OP
A

abacus

It occurred after I finished the projection presentation - I am only assuming that it had something to do with it.
Have subsequently turned the Pro on & off, looked at settings in control panel, etc

Agave Azul

Only time I've experienced any mouse recognition issues is with the Dock.

Ive had to either disconnect the wireless USB device from the Dock, and/or restart my SP2 while docked.

Are you using an SP2 Dock?

Pardon my ignorance, but our SP2 tablets use the 3.0 USB, correct?

Could that entertain any issues regarding this?

OP
A

abacus

Are you using an SP2 Dock? No
Pardon my ignorance, but our SP2 tablets use the 3.0 USB, correct? Yes
Interestingly, I have just bought a Logitech Dark Field mouse for my PC, I tried it with the SP2 & it worked [using a little USB button thing], but the original mice still wont.
I plugged the SP2 into the router, & Google was there OK, but it still says it cant find a WiFi connection [not even the neighbour's].
What now?

OP
A

abacus

I found the problem -
Windows keeps loosing the "Marvell AVASTAR Wireless Composite Device"
Go into Device Manager, Net Work adaptors - Uninstall Marvell, but don't tick the box to take it off the computer entirely.
Restart & the wifi is back to normal & so is the mouse.
WHY DOES IT DO THIS?