What's new

Kindle Problems on Surface Pro 4

Since getting my Surface Pro 4, I've not been able to get the Kindle app working. It installs but as soon as I try to download one of my books that I've already purchased, I get an error that says something like "Error downloading content." I've tried many times over the past couple of months and uninstalled and reinstalled Kindle. I also have seen, through a Google search, that this appears to be a common problem, and is more an Amazon than Microsoft problem.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the "Mobile First" world everything else is ignored. What they really mean is "mobile only".
Look, we already sold you that and don't expect to pry as many dollars from you again so we will just abandon it forcing you to spend money on the new thing. Wall Street dictates that we must get more from you every year or perish.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Since getting my Surface Pro 4, I've not been able to get the Kindle app working. It installs but as soon as I try to download one of my books that I've already purchased, I get an error that says something like "Error downloading content." I've tried many times over the past couple of months and uninstalled and reinstalled Kindle. I also have seen, through a Google search, that this appears to be a common problem, and is more an Amazon than Microsoft problem.
When I had that problem it was due to having many old devices registered to use the Kindle Apps. Removing those from the Amazon Kindle Device Site fixed it for me...