What's new

Kickstand Feet?

sdreamer

Apparently the feet (the feet and that darker gray strip on the bottom of the kickstand) of my kickstand have disappeared and now when its shut, it doesn't stay shut due to the give that is allowed on the kickstand. Seems like those feet might have been a different material to help the kickstand stay shut via magnets as far as I can tell. Has this happened to anyone else? Going to try to warranty this thing next weekend at a store. >.>

JoshB

There is a metal strip in the back that would let the stand stay closed. I had a case that didnt allow the stand to close all the way and the metal strip was slowly pulled off by the high power magnets. The strip is just held in place with glue.

bluegrass

The slightly darker grey strip is the magnet that keeps the stand closed all the way. When it is closed all the way < put it my case without any problem. I don't really understand how a case could be a problem with the magnet strip. I could see how you might be able to pry it off the stand with a narrow bladed screw driver. Thanks for pointing the strip out to me. I've had my SP3 since last July and never ever noticed that there was a magnetic strip on the base of the stand.

OP
S

sdreamer

Yeah, it's just glued on I think since there was a ton of sticky residue left. Mine fell off somewhere. I'm guessing the magnets used for the keyboard were strong enough to have pulled it off after a while or something pulled it off somewhere. I wish they made it a little stronger I guess. I'm guessing on the Surface Pro 1, the feet on that serve the same purpose.