What's new

July 12 2016 Windows Update Issues Anyone?

rubaxter

Wondering if anyone has installed these yet and noticed any issues?

On the road and keen to avoid more debacles like with previous updates.

nnthemperor

Posted here too. The main update was the Intel HD graphics driver, though there were other cumulative updates. The graphics driver update failed to install on my SB and windows hello failed after that, but a restart or two fixed it and everything's fine again. Still couldn't install the HD graphic update.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Bandito

I haven't had any issues since updating yesterday--knock on wood--but did not get an updated Intel Graphics driver. The only Intel driver that I picked up was this: Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller. From what I can tell, this is a driver for an Intel signal processor, so I would assume that it's related to the Windows Hello camera, but that's only a guess.

Does anyone want to double-check their update log to see if it was actually a graphics driver update that you received? I'd like to know if I missed something.

dcoplien

I haven't had any issues since updating yesterday--knock on wood--but did not get an updated Intel Graphics driver. The only Intel driver that I picked up was this: Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller. From what I can tell, this is a driver for an Intel signal processor, so I would assume that it's related to the Windows Hello camera, but that's only a guess.

Does anyone want to double-check their update log to see if it was actually a graphics driver update that you received? I'd like to know if I missed something.
No graphics driver updated on SP4 or SB, just a host controller.

Orlbuckeye

I had an update yesterday also. I logged in to my machine and the numbers keys showed the shift character then I noticed I needed to reboot to finish update. I restarted and updates were applied and things worked great after the restart.

Bandito

Yes, the graphics driver and another update were released on the 14th.

I haven't had any issues with the latest drivers myself, but have read of several folks having new issues with external monitors that will no longer display anything with the new driver. Caveat emptor!

meherenow

I have issues with the new update (on top of the usual annoyances.)

Now the SB and dock like to forget I have audio on my monitor (through DP - AOC Q3277). The picture still comes through fine (though I've have a couple of random black screens for 5 seconds, nothing listed in event manager), the monitor is still listed in device manager, but no sign of any "Intel Display Audio" as there should be in the audio controls. Usually happens if I have the tablet off and then reattach it, or just resuming from hibernation (I still don't trust the sleep mode).

A reboot fixes things OF COURSE, but as always this interupts what I am doing.

Also seems to drop my USB drives more often than before (but not as much as when I first got it) - also get "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2." with a little hard drive whirr every time it happens. That's on my external powered hard drive dock that works fine on any other machine, nothing wrong with the hard drives either and this error doesn't actually seem to damage them thankfully, or hopefully!

Seems they have made a lot of things worse with this update.

Not to mention the INFURIATING resizing of open windows if I don't follow an almost OCD procedure of hitting "show desktop" before I turn my external monitor off if I want to just leave the machine doing something but with the monitor off.

And let's not talk about having to at least restart Windows Explorer in task manager if I don't want gigantic icons on my desktop when re-docking.

I love my SB, but it's hard work....