What's new

Issue with Surface 2 locking up from sleep mode

richardlarsson

My Surface 2 (non-pro) is having an intermittent issue waking from sleep. Sometimes when I close it using the Type Cover 2, it comes back from sleep with a blank dark gray (not quite black) screen and refuses to do much of anything at all. I then must hold the power button and restart. This seems to happen a few times a week and is EXTREMELY annoying as it loses whatever work I had underway. I'm not certain why but this particular unit had a bit of trouble recognizing the Type Cover 2 in the first place and I'm wondering if its not related, though I've used 2 different Type Cover 2's with it and the issue persists. The Surface 2 is fully updated, the problem hasn't gone away. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mfpreach

My Surface 2 (non-pro) is having an intermittent issue waking from sleep. Sometimes when I close it using the Type Cover 2, it comes back from sleep with a blank dark gray (not quite black) screen and refuses to do much of anything at all. I then must hold the power button and restart. This seems to happen a few times a week and is EXTREMELY annoying as it loses whatever work I had underway. I'm not certain why but this particular unit had a bit of trouble recognizing the Type Cover 2 in the first place and I'm wondering if its not related, though I've used 2 different Type Cover 2's with it and the issue persists. The Surface 2 is fully updated, the problem hasn't gone away. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have this issue from time to time also