What's new

Instead of mouse and trackpad

DavidSam0230

I was thinking that it would be nice if I could use my Smartphone as a replacement for mouse or trackpad on the Surface, maybe even keyboard. It could connect either over WiFi or Bluetooth. I'm on Android, but am curious to know if something like that exists for iOS as well, that would be proof that it can be done.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go to the PlayStore and do a search for "TrackPad for PC" - there are about 30-50 Apps that will turn your phone into a trackpad both via WiFi and Bluetooth. Enjoy. I am not sure about iOS as they are pretty stringent with their connectivity, but it may be available.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've tried it in the past. It's not a very pleasant experience on the whole due to the lag.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Standard Bluetooth runs @ around 721MBps - You should have no lag provided everything is working how it should. I have / am currently using "Ultimate Mouse Lite" - This app doesn't have all of the confusing options with buttons you can accidentally hit while using your phone as a trackpad / mouse. (Yes I am aware that I overuse "/")

This one WORKS PERFECTLY in exact time with ZERO LAG in Bluetooth mode. I acts like a perfect track-pad. The other cool option is that you can keep your finger depressed on the phone screen and use the phone in "Pointer Mode" along with the standard "Touch Mode".

PlayStore Link for your phone - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.negusoft.ucontrol
Website for your PC - Ultimate Control

IF you get lag using this one - something may be wrong with your connection and, or you might have interference occurring.
Again - I get zero lag using this app -
If time permits and you try it out - let me know how it work's out for you - Thanks

Mike H

SB2 - i7 4.2GHz, 16GB, 1TB
Dell XPS 15 - i9, 16 Core 4.4Ghz

Tiberian

I have a BlackBerry Z10, still one of the most amazing devices ever made, and long ago I got this app for it on the BlackBerry market that turns the entire display into a touch-sensitive touchpad and always did love using that with some laptops. People would seem me using it wondering what the hell I was doing and it blew their minds that such functionality was possible. Might have to charge my Z10 back up and give that a shot and see how it works for my "new" Surface Pro (1st gen) that I got a few days ago, could be interesting to see how well it functions.

BlackBerry 10 devices were awesome as Bluetooth peripherals, they always worked and Bluetooth connections were damned near instant with anything I used them with unlike most every other brand of hardware, including Apple stuff, which could cause nothing but sheer grief from time to time. :)