What's new

In need of a USB Recovery for Surface Pro

Juli

Would any of you happen to have a USB recovery for the Surface Pro? Still nothing available from Microsoft and I am in need of one - lost something during an update and got the Recovery message- something about the boot configuration data file missing. My Surface Pro went out of warranty only a week and a half ago. Unbelievable. I live in Texas. Any one know of a good option for me? Microsoft says I can pay $300 and get an exchange - very disappointed in their lack of help. Can't believe that they're unable to create a recovery usb for me.

guymalloc

I believe it's only for the SP1, and I'm sure it's Windows 8, not 8.1. Using it will reinstall the original recovery, but you'll have to do all the updates, and 8.1 update, and the 8.1 second major update. Lots of work. Thank goodness for system images, and the repair/recovery dvd I made......

boldo

I believe it's only for the SP1, and I'm sure it's Windows 8, not 8.1. Using it will reinstall the original recovery, but you'll have to do all the updates, and 8.1 update, and the 8.1 second major update. Lots of work. Thank goodness for system images, and the repair/recovery dvd I made......

Thankyou guymalloc!

i will download your image recovery because it can save me if someday i have problems...

Someday i will try to make my own image.

regards

skateboard b

I know this thread is old but I am also looking for these files. It seems the link above is dead. Does anyone still have the files for the pro that they could perhaps send me. Microsoft won't allow me to DL them because my surface is still registered to its previous owner and the people at the store "say" they don't have the files to give me. I've been looking for a week now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaekqubp

Hi skateboard b,
Linked below is the article from that was previously posted. It appears that the site no longer exists, or at least I can't open it. It covers most of what you need to know to make a recovery USB and reinstall Windows 8.1 Pro. The other link below is the Windows image, which I found on this forum, or a similar one. If possible, try to recover your system key before doing a wipe or recovery, as it will make things significantly easier for you, and potentially less costly. Let us know if you have any other questions, and good luck.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015022...nterestnerds.com/surfacepro_dumpfactoryimage/
https://mega.co.nz/#!vRFz2TpK!ZDFGEXiq1Ez4JloVHn3X5Wpc_akFWItgw0IURH8Hqw4