What's new

IE vs Chrome: which is better?

malberttoo

Not yet, but hopefully when it's an official release it will. *fingers crossed*. At least I can turn off flash in Spartan right now, so no auto playing ad videos :)

I like IE, but that right there is one thing I love about Chrome and wish all browsers had- the ability to disable all plugins. I detest auto-playing ads, and most Chrome pages load with several grayed-out elements where you have to right-click on it if you want to enable it. So you can still make the things work if you want, but it's up to you.

Have never found a way to do it with IE.

VickiFL

I like IE, but that right there is one thing I love about Chrome and wish all browsers had- the ability to disable all plugins. I detest auto-playing ads, and most Chrome pages load with several grayed-out elements where you have to right-click on it if you want to enable it. So you can still make the things work if you want, but it's up to you.

Have never found a way to do it with IE.

Same with me, but I'm back to using strictly IE again. Chrome had a nervous breakdown on me the other day, and I didn't feel like dealing with it, so I deleted everything Chrome.

jds4300

On my Surface 3 IE clearly wins. Opera, Firefox and Chrome are without question much better browsers than IE. However, due to the terrible lag that they ALL exhibit on my S3, I am FORCED to use IE. By the way, IE runs buttery smooth on the S3. I am amazed at how lousy Opera, Firefox, and Chrome render web pages on my S3.