What's new

I can't hide anymore the keyboard icon

Enrico D.

icon.jpg
I have the Sp3 device display off, and I use as main monitor an external display.

Days ago I was able to turn off the keyboard icon you see, that I don't need because the monitor is not touch.

If I do now, it disappear but at the next reboot it appear again. I'm sure that days ago before some windows update it was off each time I was rebooting.

What to do? are you able to delete it forever or not? strange, may it be some windows update that force it to stay when windows start?

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

nothing I did it, I tried many options, nothing to do still there each time. Not a big deal, but make me nervous that doesn't work.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

ok I think to have some issue since today with the Logitech K810 bluetooh keyboard. The setpoint utility recognize the mouse but not the keyboard... some time I had problems to type in the keyboard.

May be that windows see this issue and that's why leave there the icon because it's like don't see the keyboard.

Oh my god, another issue to resolve now, why not a day of relax with this sp3/windows 8.1

I hope to resolve, I will read in Logitech forums.

leeshor

I have had people with issues using that Setpoint program. Is there anything you are doing with the program that would preclude you just uninstalling it? Uninstalling it won't keep the keyboard from working so it may not be necessary.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

Today I had problems just with the keyboard. Situation was worse few hours ago, so I proceed with a restore of windows to 4/5 days ago, was the unique, because I couldn't type well anymore for disconnections.

The problems is that my i7 had issue with the SYSTEM task in the task manager taking 30/35% of cpu when the pc was idle just for 2/3/5 minutes. So I proceed by tentatives and I found that was the missing setpoint utility the issue. Without this utility I got the issue of SYSTEM task taking cpu. I also have the ultrathin mouse of Logitech.

I love those devices, I will try to see if I can work again without setpoint but I guess I will have again problems with the SYSTEM task going crazy as the computer it's idle.

I'm working with cccleaner also to make test and disable all what office and windows is trying to update/maintenance as soon as pc is idle.

I'm studing a lot to fix bugs.

But this issue of the icon it's strange. Just apperead few days ago, I remember that I eliminated this.

I will update you, I'm in the middle to fix the restore point and to try to have the sp3 perfect like it was yesterday.

Telstar1948

Since the virtual keyboard would be used when the SP3 is without a keyboard, perhaps the system protects the virtual keyboard? After all, if you use the SP3 as a tablet, say, with no hardware keyboard available, what would you do when you needed to input text?

kundas1

Since the virtual keyboard would be used when the SP3 is without a keyboard, perhaps the system protects the virtual keyboard? After all, if you use the SP3 as a tablet, say, with no hardware keyboard available, what would you do when you needed to input text?

I was just about to say the same thing, WHY would you wanna hide this when you need this?

adrians

Maybe it appears because you've installed multiple languages/keyboards. The on-screen keyboard also lets you switch between languages for the keyboard. There's an icon for doing that on the bottom right of the keyboard.