What's new

How to use gestures in Edge

Duncan123

Good afternoon all,

Is it possible to use gestures in Edge ?

I installed the Microsoft Mouse Gestures extension, but that seems to be the incorrect approach.

Thanks

OP
D

Duncan123

Hi Sharp,

I am running . . .

Annotation-2019-06-01-090232.jpg

Do I need to enable gestures, or is there a settings screen somewhere ?

OP
D

Duncan123

That does help Sharp, thanks!

Since the settings they refer to only mention a mouse and touchpad I assume gestures can not be used on my system.

Last edited:
OP
D

Duncan123

On my laptop the settings are available, but I do not use it and have turned it off.

Only want to use it on my Surface, but it seems gestures are not supported because the settings are nowhere to be found.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Because you own a Surface Go without a physical keyboard, you do not have a precision touchpad. If you had a Surface keyboard or even a separate precision touchpad, Settings would appear for you to adjust.

GESTURES FOR TOUCHSCREEN, MOUSE, AND PRECISION TOUCHPAD

Gestures for touchscreen (most also apply to mouse):
  • Scroll: Use one finger to tap then drag.
  • Drag and Drop: Use one finger to tap, then drag in the opposite direction of scrolling. Drag and release at desired position.
  • Right-click/Context menu: Use one finger to tap and hold.
  • Action Center: Use one finger to swipe in from the right edge.
  • Bring up Task View: Use one finger to swipe in from the left edge.
  • App-Specific Commands: Use one finger to swipe in from the top or bottom edge.
  • Close an App: Use one finger to swipe down from the top edge, all the way through the bottom edge.
  • Zoom: Use two fingers spreading apart to zoom in, or two fingers pinching together to zoom out.
  • Rotate: Use two fingers and rotate an item in a circle, if this is enabled from the item or App.

Gestures for Precision Touchpad, such as Surface device keyboards and Type Covers:
  • Select an item: Tap on the touchpad.
  • Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
  • Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
  • Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
  • See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
  • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
  • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
  • Open Cortana: Tap three fingers on the touchpad.
  • Open action center: Tap four fingers on the touchpad.
  • Switch virtual desktops: Place four fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
More information can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027871/windows-10-touchpad-gestures