What's new

How to turn off HAND touchscreen?

heyyou

I am painting on Photoshop, and normally when using the pen, the screen does not respond to the touch of my hand. However, if I'm not careful, the pen and screen do not connect quickly enough, and then while attempting to draw on the screen, my hand would accidentally move and rotate the Photoshop screen, because Photoshop basically allows users to rotate the canvas with their hands/fingers via touchscreen. And when this happens, the screen takes a considerably long time to load and finish its rotating animation, and I have to wait until it finishes before I can start drawing again.

So if anybody who uses Photoshop on the Surface Pro knows how to turn off the hand-controls in Photoshop, or knows how to change the setting of the touchscreen on the Surface Pro, so that the screen only responds to the pen and not the hand, can you please help me?

I'm using the Surface Pro 3, BTW.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that you must be careful about your screen touches. Photoshop does not have good "palm rejection".

OP
H

heyyou

Is there any way to turn off the palm rejection of the computer itself and work completely on the pen?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this is in the current builds but I know it will be in the Creator's Update (I'm on Insider Fast) -

upload_2017-2-27_17-0-9.png