What's new

How to Fix Ghost Touches?

polianel

Hi,
where can I disable the finger typing in Win 8.1??

My surface pen will work fine for me, until I buy a new surface next year.

best regrds
Polianel

Last edited:

DNP

It seems like my SP2 started having the phantom touch issue after upgrading to Win10, but it also appears there could be quite a few other items that may be related to the problem. However, I've found that changing the display settings (i.e. resolution, scaling, reinstalling the display drivers, etc.) can sometimes help resolve the issue...although it may only be temporary. HTH.

David

ScottyS

It seems like my SP2 started having the phantom touch issue after upgrading to Win10, but it also appears there could be quite a few other items that may be related to the problem. However, I've found that changing the display settings (i.e. resolution, scaling, reinstalling the display drivers, etc.) can sometimes help resolve the issue...although it may only be temporary. HTH.

David
Some were getting those phantom touches but after a while it was fixed. If you just upgraded to Win10 there are a lot of updates which should eventually install and that may fix this.

DNP

Some were getting those phantom touches but after a while it was fixed. If you just upgraded to Win10 there are a lot of updates which should eventually install and that may fix this.

Thanks for confirming the phantom touches might actually be related to the Win10 update. I have been receiving all of the updates; although, the issue still occurs at times. I also replaced the AC charger after seeing that temporarily detaching & reattaching the magnetic connector resolved the problem...albeit temporarily.

BTW...I was thinking to restore/reset the SP2 and then get it back to Win10; however, I haven't gone down that road...yet.

Thanks.