What's new

How to create the image for the Window/Primary patition

hanhdv

Hi every one,

Now I'm using the Surface Pro4 and after install the softwares (MS Office, photoshop...), I want to create the image for the Window/Primary patition - as same as the image created by Ghost. Please help me and instruct how to create it.

Thank you very much.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I removed the prefix in your title as it's reserved for tutorials.

My suggestion is to get Macrium Reflect (Free) and make an image for the entire drive. If needed only the primary partition could be restored if needed. Be certain to also make a recovery ISO.

Votality

Welcome to the forum

I removed the prefix in your title as it's reserved for tutorials.

My suggestion is to get Macrium Reflect (Free) and make an image for the entire drive. If needed only the primary partition could be restored if needed. Be certain to also make a recovery ISO.

Leeshore,

Going off topic, but do you know if the bmr recovery image recreates all partitions etc on the ssd (the uefi and recovery image partitions and their contents?)

Not tried it with a completely wiped ssd. Im assuming it does..

leeshor

You said you wanted to create an image the same as Ghost and I made a suggestion. My suggestion would be better than what you are suggesting. I'm not sure what else you need/want.

hotsummeryy

Hi. We all know the importance of system backup. To create the image for Windows/primary partition, I usually use a third-party backup software - AOMEI Backupper. You just need click the System Backup under the Backup option, and the default Windows partition is generally C drive. And then you just need choose a destination path for your image. If you can not understand my description, Unauthorized link removed. Hope this can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Votality

You said you wanted to create an image the same as Ghost and I made a suggestion. My suggestion would be better than what you are suggesting. I'm not sure what else you need/want.

Leesshor,

Im not the OP, as i said my question was unrelated. I was just interested if the bmr recovery image recreated all partitions etc like it is shipped (uefi, windows, recovery) partitions if you remove them. (I assume it does)