What's new

How to change what the purple pen button does...

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Ok, got it working. Yay!

Now when I doubleclick my pen button, SnippingTool.exe pops up instead of default snipping tool. Excellent :)

Here is the way my final EventGhost Configuration looks:

EventGhost.JPG

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Oops, still a problem.

Now if I click the button just once, it opens OneNote AND SnippingTool. I want that to happen only on doubleclick. So obviously I am not isolating the doucbleclick because I have the wrong Python TriggerEvent.

Hmmmm. Need to research this. So close, lol.

bluegrass

Event Ghost is tricky. I haven't gone back to troubleshoot it but I couldn't get mine to not launch an app with other events such as plugging something into the USB port. I think it's an interesting concept once you figure out how to program it right.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Event Ghost is tricky. I haven't gone back to troubleshoot it but I couldn't get mine to not launch an app with other events such as plugging something into the USB port. I think it's an interesting concept once you figure out how to program it right.

I just need the Event Trigger code for the doubleclick and I think I'll have it.

ctitanic

Oops, still a problem.

Now if I click the button just once, it opens OneNote AND SnippingTool. I want that to happen only on doubleclick. So obviously I am not isolating the doucbleclick because I have the wrong Python TriggerEvent.

Hmmmm. Need to research this. So close, lol.
I think that's the best you are going to get.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I think that's the best you are going to get.

Could be. Too bad, so close to what I wanted. Especially helpful, when on extended monitors and double clicking to screen grab acts funky. I can keep it if I don't mind just closing the Snipping Tool when I click once to open OneNote.

I just like how with Snipping Tool I can capture, markup and email all with one tool.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Oh well, when all is said and done, this whole procedure really isn't worth the trouble. Easier to just put the Snipping Tool on my Taskbar and leave the purple button be. Was a cool test though. :)