What's new

How to alt crtl del on surface pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On the older TabletPC's there was a CRTL-ALT-Delete Key, but as aesthetics removed more and more buttons the switch to Windows Button and Power became the norm. First utilized on the Samsung Series 7 Slate which became the model for all future Windows Tablets.

deldalton

On the older TabletPC's there was a CRTL-ALT-Delete Key, but as aesthetics removed more and more buttons the switch to Windows Button and Power became the norm. First utilized on the Samsung Series 7 Slate which became the model for all future Windows Tablets.

Love this guy!

oion

Okay, Jeff.

What combinations of power/volume/haptic buttons do you know? Let me pick your brain, 'cause I might as well jot them down on a post-it note and stick it behind my kickstand. I probably won't remember them when I need to. :p

deldalton

Okay, Jeff.

What combinations of power/volume/haptic buttons do you know? Let me pick your brain, 'cause I might as well jot them down on a post-it note and stick it behind my kickstand. I probably won't remember them when I need to. :p

Or you could carefully etch it in with a compass ... ;)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Surface won't power down but stuck on a Black Screen:

Volume Rocker Up and Power Button - 10 Seconds
Wait 10 Seconds
Power Button - Surface wakes back up

Surface won't Power Up:

Volume Rocker Down + Power Button = Power Up

Advanced Boot-up from a powered down Surface:

Press and Hold Volume Rocker Up + Power Button + release both = Advanced UEFI Screen (Touch Screen should work, but you can also navigate via the Volume Rocker and Windows Key)

CTRL - ALT - Delete:

Windows Key + Power Button

Print Screen:

Volume Rocker Down + Windows Button

bluegrass

Windows Key + Power...

I"ve been ctr-alt-deleting it seems like all my life and now that I have this SP2 Pro 256, I never even wondered about it. Now I have to ask, why would you want to do a Ctr-Alt-Del on the Surface. I just tried the Windows Key & Power switch as jnjaroach suggested and my computer screen went blank. I had to press the power switch to get back and login again. A Ctr-Alt-Del combination on my desktop Windwos 7 computer takes me to a menu of choices such as locking the computer for one. Now what would you want to do with Ctl-Alt-Del on the Surface. There are several things that I'm use to doing with a keyboard that I can't do with the screen keyboard and when I run into one that is stopping me from working, I plug in my Type 2 keyboard and hack away.