What's new

[how-to] Adding Flash Site through Command Prompt easily

ZachBui

NOTE 1: This allows you to add flash sites from the command prompt. Once setup, you can just run these batch files and you don't have to worry about going into the xml file, scrolling down to find /Flash, and adding your entry ever again.
NOTE 2: These batch files will create a Backup directory inside where the iecompatdata.xml file just in case.
NOTE 3: What also will be done is deleting the browsing history for you automatically, so you don't have to waste your time going into the internet explorer options to delete it that way.
NOTE 4: This procedure uses BatchSubstitute.bat which we will use for find and replace

Credits for BatchSubstitute.bat: DosTips.com - View topic - Improved BatchSubstitute.bat, DOS Batch - File Examples
Steps to follow:
1) Open the C drive
2) On the top bar, click on "View", and below that bar, on the right side, click on "Hidden items" to display a checkmark on thatbox
3) This will help us see hidden files and folders
4) Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData -> where YOURUSERNAME is your account you are logged in to
5) Extract the BatchFlash.zip folder to your Desktop
6) Copy the BatchSubstitute.bat file from the IECompatData Folder into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData directory
7) Copy the two files from the Desktop folder, to your Main Desktop area
8) Run AddFlash.bat first (Instructions are displayed on the command line)
9) Run DeleteRename.bat afterwards (You will see browsing history being deleted)
10) You're Done!

*If you still can't access your flash site, it will be due to the video streaming from another site
Link: Download BatchFlash.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR2DvuJHCmQ&feature=youtu.be

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
sry, but i doesn't work at my surface. It states that it's unable to find the file and even after editing the two files (the folder structure was still referencing to your system) it didn't work. Despite this, it's a nice thing and I'll give it a try to fix the problem.

OP
ZachBui

ZachBui

alright, it would seem after editing the account name in each of those two bat files would work. but let me know if you are able to get it to work