What's new

How do i make steam games do this resolution?

PotatoHole

I've been testing running (streaming) games from my main PC using Steam to this Pro 4. It works fine but the resolution only goes up to my monitor res (1440p). When I go to video options in game there is no option higher than the PC monitor res. How do I get more options so I can get a match to my Pro 4?

I plugged the Steam controller into my Pro 4 and it just worked, so high 5 to Steam for that. But for some other games I'm gonna have to plug a mouse in, the WASD on the keyboard is actually ok but the pen or track pad thing are no good for fast games. For jsut stuff like point and click games and tower defense it's probably fine.

Alien: Isolation looked pretty much perfect, not lag or anything, I'm happily amazed. It did get a bit warm on the back after a few minutes and the fan came on, but did'nt get any hotter than using Paintshop Pro x8. (Main PC is i7 4790k, 980Ti etc)

Also, my mates face when he saw me play ARMA 3 almost maxed out on a tablet :O) priceless.

Last edited:

Philtastic

Streaming works by first rendering the game on your original computer and then sending the produced images to the streaming machine. As such, it can only use the resolutions available to your original computer which will be limited by its monitor.

OP
PotatoHole

PotatoHole

Streaming works by first rendering the game on your original computer and then sending the produced images to the streaming machine. As such, it can only use the resolutions available to your original computer which will be limited by its monitor.
Ok, thanks, I've found an option in the Nvidia control panel that lest me force my main PC into displaying any resolution I want. Going to read up more about it and give it a try.