What's new

How Could I Load Adobe Photoshop Into My Surface Pro 2?

Sir Face

I assume, that the Pro2, having full Windows 8 functionality, could run Adobe Photoshop CS5? I have it on my HP desktop and have the installation CD's from Adobe, but I can't figure how to get it onto my Surface Pro 2. Is it do-able??

Knuck111

I assume, that the Pro2, having full Windows 8 functionality, could run Adobe Photoshop CS5? I have it on my HP desktop and have the installation CD's from Adobe, but I can't figure how to get it onto my Surface Pro 2. Is it do-able??

You need an external USB DVD drive to install your CD. Plug the drive into the USB port and install it like you would on any desktop. You may also be able to download CS5 from Adobe and enter your cd key to activate it if you can find it as its not the most recent version.

It does have full Windows 8.1 functionality, I use it.

Last edited:

GoodBytes

Yes. Alternatively, you can put the disk on your desktop and share the optical drive over the network. Then on the Surface Pro 2, go to your shared network folders of your desktop, you'll find the optical drive and just run the setup. Won't be fast, but works if you don't have an external USB disk drive.

mtalinm

Don't know whether this works with PhotoShop, but with Lightroom. You can download the program and then type in your license keyh.

Tekn0

Should be possible to make an iso image of your physical DVD/CD in another machine, then you can mount the ISO file as a virtual disc on SP2 and install it.

djeemale

Or you could upgrade to the new Adobe CC2014 subscription. That gives you access to EVERY Adobe App via download and can install any of them on up to two computers. You will also get all updates/upgrades until you decide to quit your sub.

Hank101

Trying to install Photoshop cs5 extended on Surface Pro2 from installation disk using an external DVD-RW drive. Installation starts and completes the first installation step then quits. Nothing after that. Any suggestions besides going with Creative Cloud?