What's new

How can I change my surface laptop system from Chinese to English

Diana1234

im hoping to buy a surface laptop, I live in China and the operating system will be preset in Chinese. Does anyone know if there is anyway to change the system to the English version? I.e. Can this be done when I first register my details upon installation? Or would I need to purchase the English version and instal this? Thanks

Exhile

In China, all new Surface laptops have Windows 10 China Government Edition installed on it. Registering the region and language would not change anything. To get an English version of Windows 10 on a Surface Laptop, you'd have to purchase one from either Australia, Canada, the US or the UK. Hong Kong sells the new Surface Pro with the English version of Windows 10.

Last edited:
OP
D

Diana1234

In China, all new Surface laptops have Windows 10 China Government Edition installed on it. Registering the region and language would not change anything. To get an English version of Windows 10 on a Surface Laptop, you'd have to purchase one from either Australia, Canada, the US or the UK. Hong Kong sells the new Surface Pro with the English version of Windows 10.

Amazing, thank you for the information. I'll be heading to Kong Kong so will purchase it there. Cheers