What's new

Horrible Battery life

leeshor

I only get about 3-4 hours on 50% brightness with Bluetooth off, is this normal?
There is NO normal. It depends on what apps you're using and how you're using them. If you spend some time looking around the forum you may run into some tips that will extend your battery. I get 5 hours minim but I also normally run at 35% brightness.

Philtastic

Battery life highly depends on what you have installed on it and how you're using it. I can get 7.5-8 hours surfing the web or only 1-2 hours playing a game.

sattie_c

I get 20% drainage per hour purely using Microsoft edge and surfing the web. I have type 4 cover attached, Battery saver on and suggested brightness. All updates done.

I still think I should get a few more hours. I have been in contact with surface support. They recommended Battery Driver uninstall and also fully reset. Tried both, no improvement. Now I'm getting a replacement unit.

leeshor

My guess is that your replacement will act the same if configured the same. Edge, unmodified, eats battery pretty well. You can opt to uninstall Flash, use a modified host file to reduce ads or use Firefox with AdBlock Plus.