What's new

Hi There... New Pro Owner!

CrippsCorner

Hi guys :smile: I'm from the UK and luckily got paid just a couple of days after the Pro was released here lol, so put my order in straight away, and it came in just a few days!

At the moment I'm still using my Windows 7 computer for my main use as I'm waiting until next month when I'll be purchasing a USB 3.0 dock to use with my monitor and keyboard/mouse. Any to recommend!? The Philips and Plugable ones look good to me.

As for the tablet itself, I think it's a beautiful thing... I've been a fan of Microsoft since 3.1 and have always hoped they would release their own computer. I read about the Surface reveal when I was in Spain and it was one of the highlights of my holiday lol :p

Really hoping they release a Surface phone at some point. Currently using an iPhone 4S and will be upgrading to a 5S/6 in August... Windows Phone just isn't for me unless it's Microsoft branded!

Cheers for having me... Olly.

Sin

Welcome to the forum. As for the Surface phone, I would love one as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It doesn't make sense for Microsoft at this time. It would be put Microsoft in direct competition against Nokia, which would strain the partnership they have formed and would be huge hit against HTC, which is main competitor for Nokia on the Windows Phone platform. With all of HTC's struggles on the Android side, I think it a great time to work with them to bring better devices to the Windows Phone platform. Like and HTC One running Windows Phone 8. As much as I want Microsoft to release their own phone hardware, I understand why they are not and there are other areas of the operations system that they need to focus on first.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Welcome to the forum. As for the Surface phone, I would love one as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It doesn't make sense for Microsoft at this time. It would be put Microsoft in direct competition against Nokia, which would strain the partnership they have formed and would be huge hit against HTC, which is main competitor for Nokia on the Windows Phone platform. With all of HTC's struggles on the Android side, I think it a great time to work with them to bring better devices to the Windows Phone platform. Like and HTC One running Windows Phone 8. As much as I want Microsoft to release their own phone hardware, I understand why they are not and there are other areas of the operations system that they need to focus on first.

I understand that. Just imagine a slightly smaller (personal preference!) HTC One looking device made by Microsoft. Yum.

You know I'd also love to see something bigger from Microsoft as well... I wonder if they'll ever release their own desktop computer. With a trackpad. Please!