What's new

Help! SP3 stuck in infinite reboot loop

tarrant64

Yeah I know. Just sucks when the built-in restore is rendered useless at the same time. I have image backups on an external hard drive I take from time to time. Not a big deal other than time to restore and what not. Anything I run previews on I keep 99% of everything I need to have in my OneDrive, so worse case I reinstall some apps and good to go.

Still, just...damn it.

Compusmurf

Ms is pulling it. Temp fix is to disable secure boot in UEFI or restore point from deep within recovery advanced options.

leeshor

I am gong to duplicate something I've said in several posts in the past. Windows 10 can be made to hold off on the updates until you decide to install them. This is a good place to allow others to be the guinea pigs and find out if they are safe..

Microsoft had made things more difficult due to the randomness of some of the updates.

MagicPoop

I am gong to duplicate something I've said in several posts in the past. Windows 10 can be made to hold off on the updates until you decide to install them. This is a good place to allow others to be the guinea pigs and find out if they are safe..

Microsoft had made things more difficult due to the randomness of some of the updates.

Yea, you're right. But I mean, if we're on the fast ring then that means we want updates now! The whole point of the "bleeding edge" is yes, sometimes we bleed. That's why it asked if you were comfortable with restoring, backing up, resetting, losing some functionality, etc.

leeshor

That makes me winder if in fact everyone who has had their system go bonkers were on the fast ring?

Random updates are happening on the slow ring as well, with the possibility of a conflict with some 3rd party apps.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
One of the test patches broke Secure Boot and is causing the Bug check disabling Secure Boot allows it to boot normally....