What's new

HELP my Sandisk microSD card keeps on unmounting

OP
N

Nys299

The SD card was brand new....I purchased it specially for my new SP3 as a means store my photos and music files. It slots into the microSD card slot smoothly.

Tosko

In that case I would return it to the store and get yourself a new one. Try if different brand or model.

leeshor

SanDisk did have a bunch of bad cards at one point. It's hard to say if what you got wasn't part of that old inventory. Best bet is to just try another card.

guymalloc

I had file corruption problems with my first 128 GB sandisk class 10 microsd card, put it in my adapter and into a windows 7 netbook, have had no problems on the netbook.
My second sandisk 128gb class 10 I bought at best buy instead of on ebay, so far it has worked flawlessly in my SP1. Could be just a fluke with the particular device interface.

graye

I too, have had similar findings... My SanDisk microSD card wouldn't work well in the SP3, but worked just fine in every other device that I have. Very strange.

That's why it's difficult to point fingers at who to blame...

willgill

I had the same issue. The card was bad. It tried the tape trick, in the old card but it still kept unmountung. I just replaced and the new card works fine.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unofficially, by casual observation, it seems there have been quite a few posts of this issue mostly or all related to SanDisk 128 SD cards. need a tally from the search aggregator assimilator ... Where's Penelope Garcia when you need her. :)