What's new

Hello from Canada!

OnTheSurface

Hello all,

I am a soon-to-be new Surface Pro owner. Not unlike many I'm sure, I am just waiting on the 128GB to come back into stock.

Coming from a hacking background, supported with strong hardware knowledge, both PC and Mac. In fact, I just sold nearly all of my Apple product, and I have slowly made the switch to the Windows 8 platform. I am the proud new owner of an HTC 8S phone, and plan to get the aforementioned Surface by the end of the week.

I plan to use the Surface for professional photography work, as well as school and productivity. I hope that I can be of help to the other members, and look forward to what we can do with this baby in the coming months.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. You didn't have to sell all your Apple stuff... Windows 8 definitely seems like the next step though.

OP
O

OnTheSurface

Well, if I wanted my marriage to survive, I HAD to sell it. :)

The other option was the to keep it, I chose the former. We will see whether that was a smart decision soon.

R0bR

Welcome to the forums fellow Canadian. I have a MacBook that I got about 4 years ago, I used it for a whole 3 months and it's been on the shelf ever since. I found OSX really annoying to use and performance wise it was disappointing compared to my Dell M1330 with the same specs. I should have sold it because it's just been collecting dust ever since in the same location. My M1330 is still going strong, revitalized by installing Windows 8 Pro.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Aw: Hello from Canada!

Welcome to the forum - if you want to use your pro for photography work, I'll suggest to calibrate the screen, since it's capable of showing nice colors, but not with factory settings.