What's new

Hello Friends!! I'm Back...

quadtronix

It's been a long time since I posted on this forum because I sold my Surface RT awhile ago and haven't had a Surface since. Until yesterday that is...

Just got a Surface 3 yesterday! 128/4/Windows 10 pre-installed... And I'm loving it! There's nothing like a Surface! This is my first time experiencing Windows 10 too! And I'm loving that as well! I already installed all my apps yesterday and got acquainted with the system a little bit but I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you all soon. I want to learn as much as possible about the Surface 3 and Windows 10 as this is probably going to be my main tablet from now on.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all my old friends on this forum and to all the new members that have joined since I've been away! Can't wait to meet you all! C ya in the forums soon!

:)

kristalsoldier

It's been a long time since I posted on this forum because I sold my Surface RT awhile ago and haven't had a Surface since. Until yesterday that is...

Just got a Surface 3 yesterday! 128/4/Windows 10 pre-installed... And I'm loving it! There's nothing like a Surface! This is my first time experiencing Windows 10 too! And I'm loving that as well! I already installed all my apps yesterday and got acquainted with the system a little bit but I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you all soon. I want to learn as much as possible about the Surface 3 and Windows 10 as this is probably going to be my main tablet from now on.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all my old friends on this forum and to all the new members that have joined since I've been away! Can't wait to meet you all! C ya in the forums soon!

:)

Hey...me too in terms of moving over from the RT!!!! And I am loving both the SP3 and the S3!!!!

Whatever you do - don't drop-test your S3!!!!!

Turbo4AWD

Welcome back! Surface 3 has been a huge improvement over the iPad for me and the fact that my Surface doesn't give me messages like "Page not available on mobile" makes it even better! Never had an RT, but I didn't want another device that the internet saw as a mobile device only and limit its access to websites.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome back! Surface 3 has been a huge improvement over the iPad for me and the fact that my Surface doesn't give me messages like "Page not available on mobile" makes it even better! Never had an RT, but I didn't want another device that the internet saw as a mobile device only and limit its access to websites.
That was never an issue for me with an RT or S2 even though it was WinRT the browser was fully functional. When you have a fully functional browser you don't need an app for that, it just works.

The only issue I had with the S RT was it was a little anemic but the S2 was fine and in some way better than my S3 experience since I have had numerous driver issue with the S3 and had to do a Refresh after only 3 months where I used the S2 for 18 months and never had to Refresh, Reset, or reinstall drivers because they were flakey and inconsistent. The S3 is faster when it works but it's more unreliable. IDK if that's intel vs Arm/full Windows vs Win RT or just what but I'm getting tired of it and considering dumping the S3 and going back to the S2.

Last edited:
OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Well, its been about a week since I got the Surface 3 and overall I'm pretty happy with it. There are some glitches here and there with Windows 10 but nothing that's a deal breaker and everything works pretty smooth for the most part. Not using it for anything too heavy, just browsing the web mostly. So far so good...