What's new

Hello all from Berkeley, CA

Muiren

I just picked up my Surface Book 2 from the Microsoft Store in San Francisco a couple of days ago, and super happy with the purchase. I took advantage of the Bundled package being officed from Microsoft/DELL Preferred.

Anyway . . .
Surface Book 2 | Why does my keyboard and screen disconnected sometimes when off?
The touch screen and keyboard modules of my Surface Book 2 separate from each other when it is turned off and stored in my backpack. Is there some way I am supposed to make sure I have a positive mechanical lock between them before storage?

I haven't actually used it as a tablet for any reason yet, some why it would come apart is something of a mystery. I haven't clicked on the [ Ready To Detach ] icon in the taskbar since I first bought it.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your purchase! The SB2 is a fine machine.

You have a button for detaching on the tiop row of your keyboard. It should not have a colored LED glowing on it. If red or flashing, the screen is detached. If green, the keyboard is ready to detach. Is this button light on?

do you have some debris or packaging material, or vinyl skin, etc. obstructing the keyboard/screen ports?

Just checking.

OP
Muiren

Muiren

No, the light is not on. The Surface is turned off and closed. I get home and the display is disconnected and laying in position on the keyboard. It shows no indication of accidentally being turned on and there is no trash or anything on the Surface Book 2. My backpack has a pouch designed for laptops that fits it perfectly. This makes no sense at all.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay.

Does the normal eject and re-attach method still work okay (using the button, seeing the colors, etc.)?

And what version of Windows 10 are you using (Settings, System, About ...)?