What's new

HDMI and related issues

AdamM

Hi
I have a Microsoft surface pro 6 that I’ve been using for music production and sequencing. I had it set up with a HDMI adapter running into a monitor and had the music software running through a USB powered hub. The setup was working beautifully until yesterday when I tried to replace the monitor with a larger HDMI smart TV. Since then I have encountered unexplained problems with the surface pro. The first problem Is there is no signal from the surface pro to the monitor. When I tried to reboot the surface pro I got a message that it couldn’t find the camera and now I cannot access the camera. Also some of the software I was running flawlessly suddenly has stopped working for example sample tank will start but then close after a few seconds. I would really appreciate any ideas about why this has suddenly happened simply by changing the monitor and what I can do to rectify the situation. Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

DaveSp

If you go back to the other monitor or run without a monitor, do the issues persist or does it operate normally? Are you using the same adapter and cable on both?