What's new

Has anyone fixed Chrome?

macmee

Has anyone fixed the Chrome problem?

As far as I know Chrome as 3 different settings to fix the blurry problem with it:

1. no nothing, Chrome will automatically be scaled, everything will be very blurry

2. right click icon, go to properties and disable DPI scaling. Chrome will look microscopic on the screen now

3. go to chrome://flags and enable DPI scaling from within Chrome. Chrome will again look very blurry.

Has anyone figured out a way to solve the Chrome problem yet? Why hasn't Google fixed this.

edit: Google has FINALLY created an ugly fix for this problem, but a fix nonetheless:

1. Download chrome canary

2. Download and run this

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Because Google is still using XP development for their Apps on Windows, they are not using GDI Scaling and old .Net objects....

GoodBytes

Yes. It's called use a better web browser.
As jnjroach explained, the entire GUI needs to be reworked.
Google seams to be buddy pushing ChromeOS on Windows users and Google+ to everyone. They have announced no plans to update Chrome GUI.

Check out Firefox, which also wont' kill your battery life, or IE11 which you'll be surprised how far it came.
Both not only gives you increase battery life, and high-DPI support (although not perfect in Firefox, but close), but also offer smoother scrolling (IE11 being much better than Firefox, and miles ahead of Chrome), and IE11 will gives you the best zooming in/out experience without breaking web sites.

People look at benchmark, and pick Chrome, ignoring the fact that Chrome while does render pages faster, it filled with limitations and downsides. Considering that Firefox is just right behind it, it is simply not worth to use Chrome, and you get to keep your privacy.

Last edited:
OP
macmee

macmee

Yes. It's called use a better web browser.
As jnjroach explained, the entire GUI needs to be reworked.
Google seams to be buddy pushing ChromeOS on Windows users and Google+ to everyone. They have announced no plans to update Chrome GUI.

Check out Firefox, which also wont' kill your battery life, or IE11 which you'll be surprised how far it came.
Both not only gives you increase battery life, and high-DPI support (although not perfect in Firefox, but close), but also offer smoother scrolling (IE11 being much better than Firefox, and miles ahead of Chrome), and IE11 will gives you the best zooming in/out experience without breaking web sites.

People look at benchmark, and pick Chrome, ignoring the fact that Chrome while does render pages faster, it filled with limitations and downsides. Considering that Firefox is just right behind it, it is simply not worth to use Chrome, and you get to keep your privacy.

Firefox is a fantastic alternative, you're right! They also support web standards far quicker than Google does (even before they become part of the official ECMA spec!). I have a problem with Firefox though where sometimes I'm using it and my Surface randomly reboots :(

Because Google is still using XP development for their Apps on Windows, they are not using GDI Scaling and old .Net objects....

This confuses me very much. If this was a recent demand on our part then I would understand their delay in reworking the chrome portion of Chrome. But as it's been over a year I'd say Google has failed to act pretty hard.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It isn't in Google's best interested in to do their best work for Windows anymore as they want you to use Android or Chrome OS

BakedZnake

Well the latest firefox update has messed up the UI quite a bit, it's annoyingly trying to imitate the look of chrome in parts. Chrome for me tend to act weirdly to certain plugins which is annoying, and any flash applications it gets bitchy about.
Both those browsers sucks at times with the touchscreen
Surprisingly IE been the most reliable for me, but not the fastest. they have made leaps and bounds in improvements since bloody IE8-9

plop28

chrome works fine here

i think im up to date : 34.0.1847.137 m

chrome default -> blurry
chrome with the disable display scaling -> tiny
chrome with the flag Windows hidpi compatibility enable -> OK

Akayllin

chrome works fine here

i think im up to date : 34.0.1847.137 m

chrome default -> blurry
chrome with the disable display scaling -> tiny
chrome with the flag Windows hidpi compatibility enable -> OK

Doesn't work for me. Pages are fine but the Tab/bookmark scrollbars are still blurry/fuzzy. Icons and lines; the text names of the bookmarks on the bar and the tab windows is fine though

plop28

hi, you're right, still a little blurry compared to IE.

But my chrome is less blurry than yours,

here's a cap, what do you think about ?

and funny thing, i just disable the hidpi and i see no difference... while I was sure that when I put this option, it seemed better

cap.jpg

edit: oups!! my mail address :/

Last edited:

kevinlevrone

It isn't in Google's best interested in to do their best work for Windows anymore as they want you to use Android or Chrome OS

I really don't think that this is true. Owning a big browser market share is invaluable to web services companies.

Either Google just doesn't receive enough reports of small screens with full HD resolution, or there is a major software redesign that needs to be done to fix these problems, or some other reason.

However IE11 is my browser of choice, it is really surprising how good it is right now, much better than Chrome.