What's new

Has anyone been able to achieve higher than 1080p on an external monitor?

astanar

New Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
4
Points
3
My Device
SPro4
that is with an HDMI cable.

I bought microsoft's minidp -> hdmi adapter and also got a hdmi2.0 cable. The LG screen I have(LG29UM57) only has 2 HDMI ports.

If I were to buy an active adapter like this:

DisplayPort™ 1.2 to HDMI™ 2.0 4K60Hz UHD Active Adapter - Connect and do more

would it work?

:( i really want this to work.I dont want to have to buy another ultra wide screen with a DP port that is +400$
 
Welcome to the forum

I modified your title as that prefix is reserved for tutorials. That particular adapter, (just an FYI), is DP, not mDP).
 
So with that device you were able to use your surface pro 4 and get a higher than 1080p resolution on an external monitor at 60hz ?
 
Back
Top