What's new

Graphic artifacts.

FFX

I were just playing Zen Pinball(Microsoft), and I hade been playing for a while, and I got these graphic artifacts all over the screen.
Anyone else here who has run in to this problem? I guess it just got to warn, I left the Surface alone for a few minutes and then the graphic artifacts were gone and everything looked normal.

bosamar

The time I ever see weird stuff on my RT screen is when it's hooked up to my desktop monitor via the micro-HDMI cable.

bkammerer

I got the same thing earlier today. It would only do it while running apps. It started as small dots all over screen and would eventually distort the entire screen. I did a restart and everything seems to be fine now. I'll probably go on MS chat and see if this could be a bigger problem. I'll let you know if they give me any pertinent info.

ArnoldC

Distorted graphics with small green, red lines everywhere..
Thank you for your description.

It could be due to any of the following-

- overheating gpu
- gpu memory issues
- main memory issues, used by the application

Wrong colored pixels are normally caused by issues from the GPU memory. While distortion, is from overheating.

And that's the reason I want to know what you see.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Last edited:
OP
F

FFX

@bhammer ok, I'm thankfully for any information you can get! :)
@Arnold I'll try to take a picture next time the problem appears.

kazepreaux

I have got a footage of some artifacts stuffs

@bhammer ok, I'm thankfully for any information you can get! :)
@Arnold I'll try to take a picture next time the problem appears.

Hi all,

I have got the same kind of issue, and I will get an exchange done tomorrow.

For me, this is a result of a faulty GPU chip that, when the faulty section is used, the graphics card shows artifacts.
Can you please confirm?

Here the video:

[video=youtube;IX8HIzM6t8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8HIzM6t8E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

PS:
I have got this Microsoft Surface RT for 10 days.

Best regards.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yep, that looks like a bad graphics card. Good thing you are already working on getting a replacement.

spudslatte

Guys - question: that issue occurred on my device, however, only once ... cause for concern and replacement, or just perhaps a fluke? It happened about 3 weeks ago

bosamar

Guys - question: that issue occurred on my device, however, only once ... cause for concern and replacement, or just perhaps a fluke? It happened about 3 weeks ago

I'd just keep an eye on it and if it happens again call support.

J515OP

Super Moderator

Graphics glitches can happen. If it was only once it was probably a fluke. Obviously if it becomes a constant problem you will want to replace.