What's new

Get a desk top, but not a desktop. Really. Lap Desk very useful.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a tip that Surface users may appreciate. The kickstand is wonderful on the Surface. Various iPad cases try to accomplish what the kickstand does, and very few work as well.

But do you find yourself cozying up to a tabletop, or desk, rather than using the Microsoft Surface on your lap? The hardware keyboards are very easy to use - unless trying to open it up on your flimsy lap.

So here is what I keep around. I got the idea from a hotel room I was in recently, and found the Microsoft Surface very comfortable from the easy chair in the room. This wooden lap desk, or similar product, is very lightweight, has nice cushions for your lap, and enough room for your Surface, the keyboard, and a mouse. Okay, I also use it in tablet mode, but this is my most comfortable computer: better than my MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad.

http://www.readerscatalog.com/collections/lap-desks/products/wood-lap-desk

LapDeskWood02_1024x1024.jpg

jmf13

Here's a tip that Surface users may appreciate. The kickstand is wonderful on the Surface. Various iPad cases try to accomplish what the kickstand does, and very few work as well.

But do you find yourself cozying up to a tabletop, or desk, rather than using the Microsoft Surface on your lap? The hardware keyboards are very easy to use - unless trying to open it up on your flimsy lap.

So here is what I keep around. I got the idea from a hotel room I was in recently, and found the Microsoft Surface very comfortable from the easy chair in the room. This wooden lap desk, or similar product, is very lightweight, has nice cushions for your lap, and enough room for your Surface, the keyboard, and a mouse. Okay, I also use it in tablet mode, but this is my most comfortable computer: better than my MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad.

http://www.lapdesk.com/lapdesks/cla...den-lapdesk/?gclid=CIGfyqz8rrwCFc5DMgodZnAAcQ
Thanks!!!

ptrkhh

Now they should incorporate that into the Surface.
That's how they could actually win the lapability

nalbagli

I have one of this in my house, my big problem with it it's that the wood is too slippery so the surface moves around easily and I'm afraid it might fall!