What's new

Gaming always lagging

L3thal

So as title says. I lag in almost all games no matter what settings. I'm mainly trying to play destiny 2. This thing should be able to hand anything at low settings. I have the surface book 2 1060 16gb ram 256gb SSD. I've even changed ever power setting disable sleep to prevent trottling. But still I play 10 15 mins then frames go to poop then back .as if it's still happening. I can run Diablo 3 just fine. And some other older games but wow and destiny 2 just lag I don't understand .I've tried GeForce drivers that was worse .so went back to stock sb2 drivers. Any tips help would be great. If anyone else plays this game. Thanks

Orlbuckeye

Do you have Destiny 2 set to use the Nvidia card by default? In the Nvidia Control Panel you can set the default to either the integrated graphic or the DGPU.

OP
L

L3thal

Yup. I've basically tried everything from changing desktop resolution and unlocking others to under clocking .

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
So as title says. I lag in almost all games no matter what settings. I'm mainly trying to play destiny 2. This thing should be able to hand anything at low settings. I have the surface book 2 1060 16gb ram 256gb SSD. I've even changed ever power setting disable sleep to prevent trottling. But still I play 10 15 mins then frames go to poop then back .as if it's still happening. I can run Diablo 3 just fine. And some other older games but wow and destiny 2 just lag I don't understand .I've tried GeForce drivers that was worse .so went back to stock sb2 drivers. Any tips help would be great. If anyone else plays this game. Thanks

Something I may have missed in your post - are you playing your game on the SB2 15-inch screen, or using perhaps an external monitor? Additionally, have you installed any aftermarket "Game-Mode" Software to experiment with? See the link below for some ideas on this..... I have the same specs, but a 1GB SSD - I can play Forza 7 Maxed out (Ultra Mode) for hours on end, but when I hook up to my 65-inch TV, I of course found out the hard way, I have to leave my SB2 screen in the OPEN position or the fans will not vent the video card properly. I also found a few people discussing Destiny 2 and the SB2 in the second link below. Although the posting wasn't that helpful, it doesn't appear your alone in your frustration. It seems as though Destiny 2 is really hard on the SB2 -

From years of experience with both Gaming and PC's - It usually comes down to turning off background App's & Services - and sacrificing some of the Game Settings to have a stabilized experience.

10 Best Free Game Booster Software

[book2] 1 Hour of Destiny 2 - No battery drain plugged in • r/Surface

Hope this helps - perhaps if you find a resolution you can come back and let us know what worked.

Mike

Razik

Hi,

I have been having this problem for little over a month now. I start the game and after a minutes the FPS goes to hell. I noticed that the fans are very quiet during the game but the moment I get out of it the fans turn on very loud and fast (possibly because of overheating?). Did you manage to find a solution to your problem?

Razik