What's new

Solved free space problem

haeri_646

Hi
I have some problem with my surface pro 2 . everyday that I work with it and some times I download and install some light and small apps and programs I understand that a huge deal of my drive free space has lost about 10 G after 5 days . of course win8 is updating but this storage consuming is not normal ?
is there anybody who can explain for me ?

malberttoo

Hi
I have some problem with my surface pro 2 . everyday that I work with it and some times I download and install some light and small apps and programs I understand that a huge deal of my drive free space has lost about 10 G after 5 days . of course win8 is updating but this storage consuming is not normal ?
is there anybody who can explain for me ?

One of my most favorite utilities ever is Showman, you can download it here- http://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html

It is completely small and safe.

Once you download it, you put it directly in the root folder of your C: drive, and then run. It will then give you, both in list form and pie chart, a summary of where all your space is being used. It may be illuminating to you.

Also don't forget to run (if you haven't already) Windows' own Disk Cleanup utility, and when you run it, if the dialog has the button that says "Clean up system files", click that button. That will enable you to also select non-needed update files to be deleted.