What's new

Fan issues anyone?

80nd007W

So today my fan died and I downloaded Speccy in order to determine my temp and how it was managed since my fan isnt working and I wondered if anyone else had issues concerning the life of the fan. I have not had my surface for even a year

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

If you purchased it less than a year ago you should be able to get warranty coverage.

ScottyS

So today my fan died and I downloaded Speccy in order to determine my temp and how it was managed since my fan isnt working and I wondered if anyone else had issues concerning the life of the fan. I have not had my surface for even a year
We'd all be interested to know how hot it gets with no working fan, and if you are able to get a replacement under warranty.

Speaking of fan issues, though. . . back in the day both for Windows 8.1 and for those of us who were in the insider program and ran Windows 10 Technical Preview the fan would run like a leaf blower. Updates and Windows 10 final release seems to have all that fixed now, but if that didn't burn out the fan I thought nothing could.