What's new

Errors listed in Event Viewer

guitar1969

I was poking around in Administrative Events in the Event Viewer of the Administrative Tools (control panel) on my Surface RT and was surprised how many errors there are. Seems like my RT has a new error every few minutes. Scary thing is they are all different errors and warnings. Wouldn't even know where to start on trying to problem solve or isolate. Should this be a concern? Can other Surface RT users look and see if they are experiencing this as well?

OP
G

guitar1969

So I am the only one that has errors and warnings in my Surface RTs Event Viewer ?

That is concerning as there are a lot of them.

Sin

Mine is always littered, but most I'm unaware of until I look at the event viewer.

Omni

Unless there disk errors I wouldn't worry to much. Is your surface is running ok ?

Ruffles

My Surface Pro has lots of errors. Most can be ignored. The only ones I'm paying attention to are from the disk controller for my Sandisk 64 GB mSD card. It seems to be working OK but throws errors quite often. If it gets much worse, I'll try to have Sandisk warranty the card.

mitchellvii

My Surface Pro has lots of errors. Most can be ignored. The only ones I'm paying attention to are from the disk controller for my Sandisk 64 GB mSD card. It seems to be working OK but throws errors quite often. If it gets much worse, I'll try to have Sandisk warranty the card.

Sandisk cards tend to be very slim and as such don't cause a solid contact inside the SP. My ghetto fix on this was to take a piece of black electrical tape about 3/4 of an inch long and stick the 1st quarter inch to the top of the SDCard then make a loop with the rest. Once I insert the card the loop hangs out so I can easily pull the card out. This create a tighter fit and SDCard disconnections no longer happen.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

malberttoo

As others have said, the Event logs almost always filled with errors and warnings of some kind, most of which can be ignored.

OP
G

guitar1969

Mine seems to run fine but once in a awhile I will hear a notification (The bell sound if that's a way to describe it) like there was some error, but I don't get any visual notification of an error.

Omni

Mine seems to run fine but once in a awhile I will hear a notification (The bell sound if that's a way to describe it) like there was some error, but I don't get any visual notification of an error.

I get the 'bong' sound when I have a network drive open on the desktop. Sometimes the surface looses connection. This brings up a error box and causes the 'bong' but I don't see anything on screen until I go to the desktop.

mitchellvii

I get the 'bong' sound when I have a network drive open on the desktop. Sometimes the surface looses connection. This brings up a error box and causes the 'bong' but I don't see anything on screen until I go to the desktop.

So long as the bong doesn't smoke you should be fine.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

johninsj

That's an Event Log. Most of what's in there are Events. Not Errors. Windows logs a lot of stuff, most of it is normal. If you're having some actual issue, then the event log might help troubleshoot what it is. Otherwise it's fine.

You should see the logs on a normally functioning Linux box :)