What's new

HowTo Enable Your Favourite Flash-Site in Metro IE10

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Hi folks,

MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:

1. Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData
  2. Here you can find a section with:
    Code:
    < Flash >
     < domain >domain1.com< / domain >
     < domain >domain2.com< / domain >
     < / Flash >
  3. add your domain as following:
    Code:
    < domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
  4. Save the list
  5. Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
  6. Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"

Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yet another reason Windows tablets rock. Try that level of customization on another popular tablet and see how far you get ;)

Jack

Thanks so much for this! I'm going to try it at lunch, was trying to stream some sites yesterday and it was forcing it to download, it'll be so much better to be able to just stream!

TeknoBlast

Added Battlelog.battlefield.com and it worked. I get the occasional 'needs flash' message, but then it runs normal as it should.

ZachBui

Open the documents folder, or any folder, and at the top click the "View" tab above. You should see a unmarked checkbox called "Hidden items"
Check that and you should be able to find the directory

comicaltone

This worked excellently at first but I had a warning come up on a site I had authorized saying malware detected and since then it's stopped working even though I put in on the list.

Anyone else had similar problems?

compnovo

Hi folks,

MarvinS from TheVerge-forum got a nice solution, to put your favourite flash-site on the whitelist of IE10, allowing you to watch your fav. show/stream:

1. Edit the whitlist included in "iecompatdata.xml" used for IE10 -> you can find this in C:\Users\*Yourname*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData
  2. Here you can find a section with:
    Code:
    < Flash >
     < domain >domain1.com< / domain >
     < domain >domain2.com< / domain >
     < / Flash >
  3. add your domain as following:
    Code:
    < domain > YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM < / domain >
  4. Save the list
  5. Start the IE10 desktop-edition -> press ALT —> click "Tools" —> "Compatibility View settings" -> uncheck "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"
  6. Start IE10 Metro: Press WIN+I for settings —> "internet options" —> "delete browsing history"

Please report if it's been successful at your surface or if you have issues.

Thanks for this. There's another post with a nicely done video but I wasn't able to get it to work and I think it's because he didn't specifically state we should go into IE10 Metro to delete the browsing history (I did it in desktop IE10). I'm not certain that's what made the difference, but it's the only change I made and now it works.

Question: After the hack should I go back into "Compatibility View Settings" and re-enable "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft"? Or will this break the fix?